Thursday, September 23, 2010

Finding my Guides

I was always interested in the paranormal, but had never, as far as I know, had any supernatural encounters.  I loved to read and hear about people who communicated with their spirit guides, departed loved ones and celestial beings.  But it all seemed beyond my reach. 

I've always believed, though, that you can do anything you set your mind to doing, so I decided that, however long it takes, whatever effort is required, I would learn how to open up psychically and learn how to communicate with the spirit world. 

I had a number of reasons for wanting to do this.  First of all, I wanted to verify the existence of something beyond the immediate physical world.  Second, if there are such beings available to help us get through this life, then I wanted to consciously avail myself of their help.  Third, if it worked for me, then I could help others to do the same thing. 

I think everyone should have direct access to his or her own guides.  That's what they're there for.  There should be no need for anyone to pay to find out what his/her guides want him/her to know.

I've decided to start writing about the experiences that I've had since I made that decision about eight years ago.  I never realized how difficult and intense the journey would be, but if I had, I still would have started down that path. 

Receiving help from the Divine is never a waste of time or effort--as a matter-of-fact, "effort" is misleading in something like this.  What is primarily required is "allowing," which sometimes is much more difficult than exerting effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment