Tuesday, September 28, 2010

When You Can't Hear Your Guides

When you first begin to ask questions and look for guidance from your guides and angels, it's difficult to tell when they are answering.  Yes, there are times when you might recognize something as a message or you might get a vision so tangible as to be unmistakable, but a lot of the time, you question what you get.

That's not a bad thing and it shouldn't make you feel guilty.  It's okay to ask your guides for validation of any response that was unclear or of which you are unsure.  When I was looking for a program of study that included the paranormal, I asked my guides to verify that the program I had found through a list mate on a user group was the one that I should be taking.  A number of coincidences had led me to the program at the American Institute of Holistic Theology, but I wasn't sure if I was being guided to take it, or if I was simply interpreting that I should.  So I asked my guides to verify that, and to please "hit me over the head with it, because subtlety doesn't work for me."

A few days after I made that request, I was at an event as a volunteer giving Reiki to teachers who were attending a conference at Hockley Valley Resort.  At dinner, I ended up sitting next to another practitioner who happened to be very psychic.  We chatted as we ate, and suddenly she leaned over to me and said, "Your guides are here and they want me to give you a message." 

I nodded for her to continue, and she said, "They say you should go ahead and take the course you are looking at."  I asked her which course that would be, as I'd been looking at a few of them.  She said, "The one with the channelling."  She paused a moment, then said, "...and I'm getting this image of them knocking on your head."  She looked puzzled, but I just smiled and replied, "I know what that means." 

Of course I signed up for the program.  They did hit me over the head with it, after all.  So the next time you would like input from your guides, and aren't sure of their response, feel free to ask for validation.  They really don't mind and will help you all they can--that's what makes them your guides.

No comments:

Post a Comment