Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Manifesting with Your Angels and Guides

I may struggle with developing my clairvoyance--I admittedly suffer from "clairvoyance envy" and would prefer that form of psychic communication to dominate--but I seem to excel at manifesting.  When my husband and I were traveling to Hawai'i for the second time, I had a real desire to spend the night in Los Angeles, rather than just pass through the airport there.  I "put it out there," specifying that I would like to be able to spend the night in Los Angeles, without paying for it (including meals) and then just let it go.

Shortly after I made that request, I was contacted by our travel agency.  They wanted to let us know that the itinerary had changed, and that we should contact them.  I called them up and the person I spoke to told me that the flight out of Los Angeles had been changed, and we would have to spend the night in LA, both on the way there and on the way back.  To compensate us for this, the airline would put us up in a hotel for the night, and provide food vouchers for our meals.

While most people would have been disappointed at having their flights pushed out, I was delighted.  It was exactly what I wanted.  However, the hotel that they sent us to on the way there was okay, but I would have preferred something nicer.  Again, I put that request out there, expressing a real desire to have a nicer place to stay on the way back.  It didn't seem likely, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask my guides and angels to arrange it. 

When we arrived in Los Angeles on our return journey, we reported to the counter of the airline with which we were traveling to claim our vouchers for the hotel and meals.  To my amazement and delight, they had lost our reservation at the original hotel, and said that they would put us in another hotel, which turned out to be much nicer than the one we had stayed at before. 

Since I started working with my guides and angels, I find that things like this happen for me regularly.  I ask for these things and somehow, whether by luck or coincidence or universal design, I receive them.  When I do, I always thank my guides and angels for the assistance. 

I know what you're thinking:  so why haven't I won the lottery yet?  I've been told that it doesn't work that way.  I have asked for lottery winnings, though I guess it would help me to at least buy a ticket.  I have never been much for playing the lottery.  My husband buys the tickets.  I encourage him to win it.  But I'm not really sure that is what I truly desire, and I think that's where it breaks down. 

If you are experimenting with manifesting, then I suggest that you pay close attention to the times when you succeed with it and the times when you don't.  What I have noticed for myself, is that the times that I truly want something, I feel different about it than when I deep down don't really want it--I just think I might like to have it.

I find a different energy behind asking for something that I desire and that makes me happy, and something that I want that is a desire of my ego.  Some would call the former feeling one of "being in alignment."  When you are in alignment with what you desire, it slips into your life effortlessly and you are happy to have it.  When what you want is not in alignment with your values and your higher self, then it's a struggle to get it, and you may even regret that you got it when you do get it.

Manifesting is not wanting something, buying it, and then waiting for the money to come in to pay off the credit card you just ran up.  I feel that I must clarify that, as I've known people who "manifest" this way.  The Secret was an interesting movie and brought the Law of Attraction to the forefront for many who had never heard of it before, but, for some people who misunderstood the concept, it had the potential to drag them into debt while they "manifested" with their credit cards and not their alignment to the universal energy of receptivity.

Your angels and guides are always ready and willing to help you manifest, so feel free to call on them.  Let them know when you want something, and trust that if you are in alignment with it, then your guides will direct you to it, or direct it to you.  All you need to do is ask with your heart, release it to the universe and act on any guidance you receive.  Sometimes you will be directed to take some action to get what you want--don't worry, you'll know what you need to do when the time comes, and it probably won't involve using your credit card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment